Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Cleaning Up

This past weekend was a 3-day weekend in the States, and I took the opportunity to begin some re-organization of my yarn and projects.

Attention Deficit Knitting Disorder (ADKD) Strikes Again

I opened a filing box in my living room, where I threw knitting projects I wanted to hide when guests came over, and it was filled with Kureyon Sock yarn, an old sock project using Briar Rose Angel Face Laceweight yarn and US0000 needles.


I had made no additional progress since 2008, so I pulled it all out and put away the tiny needles.

I also found a pair of my hand knit socks with a hole in the toe that I had obviously stored for later fixing.  I took the remainder of the weekend fixing the toes .



I love the design of these socks (from a pattern by Marlowe Crawford called Oliver) and now it's like I have a new pair of socks to wear.

I'll get back to organizing another holiday weekend.

Current Knitting

Finally, I also worked on Aunt Dorothy's vest.

And this is the biggest success story, thanks to reader/normally lurker Holly, who wrote:
Hi. I'm usually just a lurker-- Have you considered running a row or two of dupicate stitch to match in with the Fair Isle at the places where the lighter skein is? It might blend it in?
Why hadn't I thought of this?  What a brilliant idea.  I ended up added two single duplicate stitch stripes in purple to the garment, and while the color differentiation is still a little noticeable, it's completely acceptable in my humble opinion!


I've also decide to add snaps to the garment instead of a zipper, so all I have to do is finish the last small section of duplicate stitch (which was fun to do...I had never done this before) and buy some snaps and wash/block this baby.

Happy as hell...all thanks to Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment