Sunday, September 20, 2015

We Need a Leader

Some people have the ability to stand up and declare something with such conviction, that they're able to make it happen.  JFK was one of those people, and I was hoping Barack Obama would be one too.

Inspiration Over Politics

I don't know if he'd succeed, but it doesn't appear that the president's use of maneuvering and politics are working either...but I still think the president should lead with declarations and inspiring people to rise up against his detractors.

The republican congress just passed a bill eliminating $40 billion dollars from programs for the desperately poor in this country.  It's unconscionable.  At the same time they gave about $15 to $35 billion to subsidize farmers in this country, including millions that will go to some of the very members of congress voting on the bill.

Like I said, unconscionable.

I think the majority of the people in this country would listen to our president if he were to reach out and say "enough!"

I wish he would and perhaps...just perhaps...things might change.

Current Knitting and Quilting

I've done same additional work on the Summit Shawl in Tosh Sock yarn.


I did a little light blocking on it to see what it will look like and I'm liking it a lot.  Madeline Tosh yarns make anything look better in my opinion.  I also realized I will need to do a lot of blocking on this shawl when it's finished.

I've also done a bit more work on my current quilt top using Glorious Colors fabrics.


For this, my second quilt, I'm going back and correcting sewing errors (which I didn't really do on my first one).  It's a lot more work, both because the pattern is more difficult to sew, but also because picking out mistakes is a lot harder than I thought it would be (but still worth it).

No comments:

Post a Comment