Tuesday, September 1, 2015

More Enlightened Than Last Week

Okay...a confession...I have been cheating on my knitting.


New Toy...Awesome Book
There's nothing like technological toys to rip me away from knitting.

I finally couldn't resist the ridiculously low prices on eReaders (both Kindle and Nook) and I ended up buying a Nook from Barnes & Noble.

I'm very happy I did, and even more so, I'm glad that the first book I purchased and finished reading was "Breakfast With Buddha" by Roland Merullo. It's a delightful read, and even helped to move me along my path of life-learning this go-around.  The book was recommended by my sister-out-of-law...well, not exactly recommended, but she mentioned it as a possibility for her book club, and I jumped on the idea.

The book was perfect for the new eReader...a real page-turner, so to speak.

Current Knitting
I think I've completed a total of four rows on the sleeves.

I'm so ashamed.

Look!...picture of Nico!!!!!



Knitters' Comments/Questions
Tom asks, "Speaking of bedspreads, what ever happened to the tablecloth?"

Tom is, of course, asking about the crochet Queen Anne's Lace tablecloth I started back in September of 2007. I had been successfully able to ignore this WIP for a while now. I still have to go back and fix a couple of screw-ups before I can finish that one. I can't promise anything at this point when I have my other lace project to work on now...my newer, shinier lace project made of cashmere!

No comments:

Post a Comment