Sunday, September 20, 2015

Expanding Queerness
In short, “queer” means infinite possibilities for love, pleasure, and self-expression. To me, that is everything I ever wanted, everything I never dared to want, and more.
--Asher

Are There Ever Too Many Possibilities?
Asher from Transarchist blog, has a great essay on the definition of "queer."  They aren't my definitions for the word, but I really love how the definition in the blog post are expanded to include expansive possibilities about being who you are.  The expanding definition also seems to add more specificity to the definition at the same time.

What I read in the blog post, and what appealed to me most was the sense of being happy with what you are.

I often say/write/express that there are some things in my life that I would have done differently, given the opportunity.  But honestly, I fear that if I ever could retroactively change life decisions, they might make me someone other than who I am today...and I really like how I turned out.

Latest Gadget
How many of you have seen the Addi Express King Knitting Machine?!?!

Here's a great video of Karin Skacel making a hat that WonderMike posted on Facebook:



It knits both tubular and flat...how freakin' cool is that?

Current Knitting
Oh so little knitting this past week.  I have to admit that most of the time I wasn't busy with work and social events, I was passed out in the deepest of sleeps.




No comments:

Post a Comment