Friday, September 11, 2015

Hopeless Dream

Thaddeus used to dream of the day when my television room chair, and the couch in the living room and the night table by my bed would be clear of any knitting items.

He's No Longer Delusional

He has come to realize that I will always have at least two or three knitting/crocheting/spinning/weaving projects in progress.

One time we went on vacation to the beach and I decided to not bring anything to knit.

Before the end of the week, I was brushing the host's dog and spinning the hair on a cd/pencil drop spindle.

As promised, here is what I'm currently working on (actively)...there may be a few other items like the kid alpaca blanket that isn't currently an active work in progress.

Lulu Llama Spinning
Finished spinning up about half of the fiber I got at Wunsapana Llama Farm


Can't WAIT to ply and wash the resulting yarn.

Spiked Crochet Afghan
Did a few more rows, and started to organize all the colors I'll be using on this blanket.



Really loving the way it's coming out and think it will make a dazzling large afghan.

Zauberball Sock
Started a new sock using a toe-up version of Marlowe Crawford's Oliver Sock


 Love the shaping of the arch on this sock and hoping my toe-up version will do it justice.

Aunt Dorothy's Sweater Vest
Still just awaiting the snaps...need to get out to Michael's or some other non-hateful-supposed-Christian craft supply store to pick some up.



Top-Down Racing Stripe Raglan
I did do a few more rounds on the second sleeve.


I keep telling myself I won't need this one until it's quite a bit colder, but I'd still like to add it to the "finished" column.

Readers' Comments/Questions

Kerry writes, "Those alpaca skeins good great, have just looked at Amber's Etsy shop and there doesn't seem to be too many there. Are yours fingering wt or DK?"

Mine are DK weight (my preferred weight of yarn).  Again, another reason it's better to see her stuff in person, but trust me on this one, you will love the softness of this wonderful yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment