Sunday, September 20, 2015

Queer is to Joe as Wonder is to Mike


WonderMike did another amazing job with this year's West Coast Men's Retreat. It was a fantastic time and the guys, both repeaters and newbies were inspirational.

Another Awesome Retreat
Ably assisted by Daniel, WonderMike organized a Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning retreat this past weekend in the Seattle area (Dumas Bay retreat center in Federal Way, Washington to be specific).

Great guys, great location, great workshops, great swag, but most of all, great community.

I'm tired as hell (because I'd stay up late and get up early so I didn't miss a thing!), but it was well worth it.

Below are some random pictures from the retreat...I took far few photographs than I usually do...I just kept getting caught up in the excitement of it all.

If anyone's interested in the next soonest retreat, registration is open for a short time only for the upcoming Midwest Men's Knitting Retreat on Thursday, November 4th - Sunday, November 7th.

Current Knitting
For anyone who has attended a men's knitting retreat with me in the past, you know that I hardly do any knitting while I'm there. I mostly just enjoy the camaraderie and joy of being with other like-minded guys.

This year, I knit a sum total of 3 inches of sock cuff in 1x1 ribbing, using the hand-spun yarn from Carol (Black Bunny Fiber) and the charcoal alpaca.

Hopefully, you'll be distracted by the guy-photos and ignore the lack of knitting content.

Men's Fall Knitting Retreat 2010 - Photos
Barth, one of our Canadian attendees


Brady from the Rocky Mountains


Our mighty leader speaking with Daniel
The wind beneath Mike's wings, Daniel!!!

Other Daniel with Mike and Rusty

Daniel

David (next to his love, Paul...they met at a Men's Knitting Retreat!)
The two Rocky Mountain retreat coordinators, Frank and Brady

If you don't know who this man is, you are clearly not a knitter...close this window now...hi Franklin!
Geoff!

Some of the guys just hanging out knitting

Harry and Nigel

John...delightful man


Keith and his tattoo (with Kevin in this last photo)

Kevin...got to see his amazing shawl


Photos of Kurt with Stephen in the middle photo
Michael, Kevin and Morgan

Daniel with Nigel, John and Keith in the background

More guys knitting and a guy's sister!   Who let a woman in the room?
Ron spindling


Rusty, our Southern U.S. contingent


Stephen being his joyful self

Best photo I had of Tom...sorry

Veryl...a wonderful newbie



Can't believe I didn't get photos of some of the guys, like Kiwi James...every time I sat with him, I was too busy gabbing to think about photography. And Joe E. wouldn't let me photograph him...it was great being with him, even though he wasn't feeling well.

Can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment