Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Patience Comes With Age

As I get older, it seems the quote from the movie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel seems to be more and more accurate:
Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end.

Trust The Process

I don't often work someone else's knitting pattern exactly.  I usually take aspects of it that I like and incorporate it into my own design.

But every once in a while, I just want to not have to think while I'm knitting, so it's really nice to just follow a pattern blindly and take whatever result comes of it.

This works particularly well when the pattern indicated in a design doesn't show up for the first few inches of knitting, and I just keep doing what the designer wrote, and eventually, the design starts to emerge.

Current Knitting/Crocheting

Such is the case with my current Rowan design called Tilt, by Lisa Richardson.  It's a Fair Isle design, using two colorways of yarn, and the darker yarn sometimes is very close in color to the lighter yarn. My first progress photo showed a very tweedy fabric, with very little definition between the two colorways.  And now, after finishing a few more repeats of the pattern, look what happened!


A good reminder to just trust the process.

I've also made some progress on the spiked crochet afghan.



This project doesn't grow quite how quickly I would prefer, but I really love how it looks, and one of the bonuses of this stitch is that it's completely reversible.

No comments:

Post a Comment