Thursday, December 31, 2015

Being Accountable

Someone once told me that you should always do what you say you are going to do, and when you don't, clean it up with the people you told.

2014 Resolution Results

Just looked back at my resolutions for 2014, and here they are:
  1. Finish the kid alpaca blanket/coffin cover.
      • Failed - Okay, I made quite a bit of progress on this blanket, and I've even started working on the edge trim, but I didn't finish it.  Honestly, it will take me the rest of 2015 to finish it most likely.
      1. Get down below 195 pounds and stay there (or less).  It's where I'm most comfortable and feel the best about myself.
          • Achieved - Through diet and exercise I quickly got my weigh under 195 and have stayed there all year.  I've never felt better, except at 5:15 am when my alarm goes off to tell me to get ready to go to my health club.
          1. Blog on average at least twice a week.
              •  Failed - Including this post, I've blogged 103 times this year which is an average of about 1.98 posts per week.  I have to admit, I counted on doing a full of posts for a blogathon again this year, but I didn't.
              1. Publish at least one new design on Ravelry


                                    5.  Finish piecing the current quilt top I'm working on
                    • Failed - I grew really tired of the quilting pattern and lost all interested in it.
                Overall, not a very successful year for resolutions, so I will resolve to do better next year.

                Current Knitting

                I started a new pair of socks using the yarn I bought in Montreal at Espace Tricot.


                The yarn is dyed and wound into balls by one of the employees of the yarn store and I can't say enough about it.  Not sure if they're still carrying it, but if you can get them to sell you a few balls, you won't be sorry...it's called Scrumptiouspurl and this colourway is "Ghouls Night Out".

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment