Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Stressless Knitting

Some folks tell me how peaceful it must be knitting and I usually tell them that I'm a pretty frenetic knitting and it's not peaceful or meditative for me at all.

This Project is Different

My current project is quite different.  Kind of.

Since it's all garter stitch, and requires very little shaping or color changes, my current Cascade Scarf #4 project is incredibly peaceful and meditative for me.

Don't get me wrong, I still aggressively work to get to the next color block and I want this project...like all my projects...to move along quickly.

But the actual knitting has been incredibly calming...I finally understand the Zen of knitting.

Current Knitting

I have gotten to the first block of the red color in the scarf, and I'm liking it more and more.


Just to give you a sense of scale, the center column is about 30 inches so far (and will eventually be about 72 inches.  The drape of the scarf is just beautiful and the fabric is soft and silky.

It's going to be a great scarf when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment