Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I've Subscribed Again





Well, I never did subscribe to Spin-Off before, but I used to subscribe to other knitting magazines.

Rant
I can't remember why I subscribed to Spin-Off Magazine. I think there must have been a deal where I got an extra issue for free or something, but I don't recall.

Regardless, I'm quite glad I did...even if this is the only good issue I get in a year.

There's a wonderful article by Abby Franquemont on plying on a spindle. She's got a few e-videos where she shows herself doing this technique that Ted linked to in comments a few weeks ago, but they're non-tutorial. Combining the instructions from the magazine article, and the videos will be a good way to learning this new technique (new to me anyway).

Jacey Boggs had a fascinating article on spinning coiled yarns...I may never do it, but it was a fascinating read. I also got a lot out of Jeannine Bakriges article on Seven Drafting Techniques and Debbie Grale's article called "Two Yarns, Three Projects." While I don't intend on making any of the projects, her experimenting with different variegated rovings helped me understand spinning better.

Finally, I've realized I must own Abby Franquemont's new book, "Respect the Spindle: Spin Infinite Yarns with One Amazing Tool
"...I think Abby is amazing spinner and I find I understand her writing about the craft very well.

Current Knitting
With plain stockinette stitch on the current project, it's moving along quite well.

Since the project is looking more like the final gift, I've decided I will only link to my Ravelry project pictures of the garment.



I'll be working on this over the next week or two until it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment