Monday, July 27, 2015

Is Wondering...

...."When did my friend Carol grow up to become such an accomplished designer and author?"

It's Like She Grew Up Overnight!
When Carol started to design and write books, I thought it was dabbling, and while I supported her efforts (especially since her first couple of books were so good), I honestly didn't realize she was going to become the new Alice Starmore, fergodsake.

Her latest chef d'oeuvre looks to be a must-have in my library...



Sock Yarn Studio: Hats, Garments, and Other Projects Designed for Sock Yarn

...so I've gone ahead and pre-ordered it.  If it's anything like Knit So Fine or Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn, it's bound to be awesome.  Plus, anything with Zauberball on the cover, has GOT to be good (that is Zauberball...right?)

Current Knitting
Before I post the last of the Men's Rocky Mountain Men's Knitting Retreat photos, I thought I'd give you the latest shots of the Milano sock yarn blanket.



You'll note it's actually on a queen size bed, and given how loose the drape of the fabric, it will end up being a perfect fit, width-wise.

Last of the Men's Knitting Retreat Photos (for this retreat!)
I guess I've extended the pleasure of this retreat as far as I can.  Hope you've enjoyed them as well












Readers' Comments/Questions
Maureen writes, "I REALLY wish you hadn't used that word in relation to the colour of your sock - it diminishes you - and makes me feel uncomfortable."


I'm assuming you means the word "fucking" with regard to hating pink.  It may diminish me in your eyes, but I don't accept in any way that it diminishes me or anything about me.  To me, it's just another word, and one that gives some impact to the sentence.  Like most of my writing, I take care in how and what I write, so it was used very purposefully.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to provide more clarity to the name of my latest sock project.


Ginny writes, "What ever the shaved head gentleman with glasses has on his needles, inquiring mind want to know. Any more pics of that?"


That's Matthew, and he is by far, one of the most prolific knitters I know.  He's working on an afghan in linen stitch, and he has about 15 different colors that he dyed himself.  The effect is incredibly beautiful.  I actually did take a photo of his blanket, but didn't like the way it turned out, so I deleted it.   When I'm back at work I'll try to see if I can find the photo somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment