Friday, July 10, 2015

Youthful Enthusiasm

A number of years ago, a young man (14 or 15 years old) walked into the yarn store where I was working (volunteering for yarn, is more like it) and asked "Do you sell those knitting sticks for making the cool hats?"


Proselytizing

This past May, we had a complete knitting newbie at the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat and in the course of four days, he had learned the basics of knitting and he was completing his own knitted hat.

Schachenmayr yarns has started up a new challenge, reaching out to the adventurous non-knitter who cares to challenge her/himself to knit a hat of their own, called the My Mountain challenge.

If you know of any creative, adventurous person who might like to express themselves creatively, and might find the challenge of learning to knit or crochet to do it, I have a feeling the wonderful designs from this project might just be the ticket.

Stay tuned here for more information, or like My Mountain US on Facebook.

It would be great to see a new influx of enthusiastic new knitters.

Current Crocheting/Spinning

I've been able to add a few more ounces of spinning on the Merino/Tencel yarn I'm spinning up from Black Bunny Fibers.


I love this photo of my spinning...it shows the luster of the singles and also the beauty of the wood that my Robin wheel is made from...worth clicking/expanding the photo.

I've also added a row or two to the Koigu Interlocking Scarf (although the photos no where near as good).


One of the things I love about Koigu, is that I can combine any colorways I have on hand, and the bursts of color comes together incredibly well in designs like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment