Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Garden Pasta and Baby Blanket

Today, I thought I'd focus a bit on a dinner I had recently.  My brother and sister-in-law were up from Texas, and she cooked dinner one night, and it was excellent.

Here's the Recipe

Ina Garten's - Summer Garden Pasta
3 pints cherry tomatoes/sliced in half
2 heaping Tbls chopped garlic
18 julienned basil leaves/extra for garnish
1/2 heaping tsp black pepper
1/2-3/4 heaping tsp red pepper flakes
2 heaping tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup good olive oil

1 lb angel hair pasta
1.5 cups grated parmesan cheese

Mix all but the last two ingredients in a large bowl. Cover with Saran wrap and let sit un-refrigerated for 4 hours.

Cook angel hair pasta 3-4 mins (use al dente directions). Drain but keep wet and pour tomato mixture over hot pasta mix.
And 3/4 - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese and toss. Add extra cheese and basil garnish on top of each serving.




My sister-in-law, Lori raved about this dish, and she was right...it's fresh, delicious and incredibly satisfying.

Current Knitting
I've been knitting quite a bit, but for today's blog entry, I only have my progress on the Mini Mochi baby blanket to show.


I'm almost through the third ball of five.  I love knitting on this project...it's perfect television knitting, even if we're watching something with sub-titles.  The yarn is soft and I love the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment