Thursday, July 23, 2015

Color Appeal

Do you spend any time looking through Pinterest for knit-related items to post?  Have you seen a trend in what folks re-Pin or "Like"?


It's Usually Vibrant Colors

Not always, but usually when I find a particular knit stitch or garment in my Pinterest feed, and I find myself compelled to save it to my Knitting and Crochet pin board, it's usually something done in bright, vibrant colors.

Which tells me two thing:

  1. If I want something to be popular and be re-pinned or liked on Pinterest, make sure the photo of the object is in bright, vibrant colors.
  2. I should look at the more bland colored knitting posts on Pinterest to try and imagine them in vibrant colorways, to see if they might be a great example of something done in brighter colors.

Current Knitting

Well, I've finally gotten past the raglan increases on the Top-Down Raglan pullover I'm making.


I'm actually looking forward to the next section of knitting which requires absolutely no concentration for me at all.  The top section required constant counting and making sure I remembered if I was on an increase row or not.  Now all I have to make sure of is not to go past the length I'm going for in the body of the sweater before starting the ribbing at the bottom.

Readers' Comments/Questions

Thanks for all the feedback on mustache.  I think most people realized I wasn't really planning on growing one and I also don't plan on naming any future adopted children Adolph.  If you've ever seen the movie Clerks II, the character Randall tries to reclaim a racist term, and that was really my inspiration for the last blog post.

Also, my sister-in-law of mine is Jewish, and she was telling me that her grandfather (also Jewish) wore a Hitler mustache.  She even texted me a photo to prove it.


I'm not really sure I'd consider this a Hitler-like mustache...more like a soul-patch above the lip.  I also thinks he looks good with it.  Me, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment