Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mid Year Update

Given that I did make some 2014 New Year's Resolutions, I thought I should give an update on where I am halfway though the year.

Progress Report

Here are the 2014 resolutions:


  • Finish the kid alpaca blanket/coffin cover (2013 taught me I really MUST work on this more frequently to get it finished).
  • Get down below 195 pounds and stay there (or less).  It's where I'm most comfortable and feel the best about myself.
  • Blog on average at least twice a week.
  • Publish at least one new design on Ravelry
  • Finish piecing the current quilt top I'm working on

  • Here's where I am so far:
    • Done some work on the kid alpaca blanket, but finishing it isn't likely.
    • I've successfully gone down to under 190 pounds and stay there consistently 
    • I've averaged about 2.19 posts per week since January
    • I've published Bright Lizard Scarf design and I may even have a second design to publish this year
    • I've done very little work on the quilt top...I may have to change to a different quilt project to be inspired.
    So far, so good...and if I put some extra effort into the first and last item, I might actually accomplish all of them.

    Current Knitting

    I started a new knitting project, using up more of my leftover Koigu and another sock yarn.


    This will eventually be a scarf I will call the Fireworks Scarf, as I'm hopeful the variegated, pastel yarn will look like little color bursts when it's blocked.  We shall see

    No comments:

    Post a Comment