Monday, October 12, 2015

Camera-less This Week


I didn't have time to download my pictures from the camera last night before packing up my computer, figuring I'd just do it in the morning.

Well, More Like Wire-less
And not wire-less in a good way.

I realized I don't have the wire to connect my camera to my PC...ugh. I do have a couple of pictures I can post during the week, but I hate all-text blog posts.

I'm hopeful that one of my co-workers will have the wire I need, since it is the same wire that connects our BlackBerries (is that the plural?) to our PC's.

Current Knitting
Other crappy news...

I finished the front/right side of the Expedition Pullover, and even three-needle bound off the shoulder. But when I went to lay it out to take a picture of it, I realized I screwed up one of the rows of patterning and I somehow screwed up one of the braided cable transfers...arrgh!

This yarn I'm using isn't great with ripping out either...I'm not looking forward to undoing all this work, although I certainly won't mind re-knitting it...this pattern is a pleasure to knit.

I also got a few more repeats done on the Mini Mochi scarf, and finished turning the heel on the Possum/Merino socks and started the endless ribbing.

Recent Purchases
This past weekend I got home to a package from Carol at Black Bunny Fibers, and her packages never disappoint.



This is two colorways of a merino/silk blend that is just luscious to both look at and touch. This installment of her fiber club got a multi-color roving and a semi-solid done in a complementary color. Not sure how I'll use this yet, but I can't wait to try it out.

I also got my second hank of sock yarn from Unique Sheep, and then sent along a mini-skein of a different and lovely colorway.



This is Verve put up in a hank large enough to make a man's large pair of socks. I am very lucky to have gotten to know fiber shops like Unique Sheep...their work is beautiful.

Readers' Comments/Questions
About Rhinebeck, KnittyWren writes, "I've never heard of this festival is it a local thing? I'm from Florida."

Yes, it's the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival that happens each year around this time. It's a pretty big event.

Regina (of Nature Buttons) writes, "I'm hoping to go to Rhinebeck just for Saturday - I've never been there and would love to meet up with you and the other fiberholics just to say hi. I'm hoping to meet up also with my NY friends who hung with me in the shop this summer. Is there a place and time you meet up?"

Actually, there is no specific meet-up for the fiber friends...we typically just look for/call each other when we get there and informally cruise around shopping. It's difficult to keep a large posse of fiber-friends together at such a big event, so we break off into separate group and usually cross paths at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment