Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Catching Up

My life is a bit fuller than it usually is at the moment, and I'm sad to note that I let an entire week go by without blogging last week.

Pant...Pant...Pant..

So, now as I catch my breath, I can tell you that I haven't forsaken the blogosphere completely.  I'm still here.

I'm noted it before, but I often find knit-blogging to be twice as hard as blogging about other topics, since I want to be able to show some progress in my fiber pursuits as well as wax poetic on an issue of importance to me.  Doing both requires more time than I had last week.

But...I'm back.

Current Knitting/Crocheting/Spinning

Three things going on in my fiber-world these days:

  1. Trying to finish a current WIP and cross off a New Year's goal for 2013
  2. Continuing work on the Koigu Granny Squares blanket
  3. Working on a secret project that I can't blog about or mention publicly...kind of like the Fight Club of fiber pursuits, whereas the first rule about this project is that you don't discuss it.
The Kid Alpaca Blanket/Coffin Cover
Yes, believe it or not, I've been doing quite a bit of work on this blanket.  If I am to even attempt to get this thing done by year-end, it will require a lot of my knitting time.


I still have a couple of feet more to knit and it takes FOREVER to do just an inch of knitting on this project.  And I can't carry it with me (it's getting way too unwieldy).  And, the minute I start working on it, Nico is in my lap.

Koigu Granny Square Blanket
I've done a few more squares for the blanket.


I'm thinking I'm going to need about 60 total squares for this blanket, so I may be doing about 43 more of these squares before I'm finished.  Fortunately, this project travels easily...just need to make time to crochet while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment