Monday, October 19, 2015

Occupy My Mind

With all the problems I see with our society today I often wonder if I was naive or ignorant when I was younger, or whether the current situation with government and finances is just a lot more dire than it used to be.

Occupy Wall Street
I love this movement. I'm thrilled to see that people are pissed off enough to camp out and protest and make clever signs.

The organizers of the movement have done an excellent job of distilling a very complex issue down to it's basic concepts...simply that corporate greed and government corruption are ruining this country and it won't be tolerated any more.

There was a recent GAO audit of the Federal Reserve, which clearly states that there is massive conflict of interest (if not outright corruption) within the ranks of the board members of the Fed.

Read this - GAO Finds Serious Conflicts at the Fed - Newsroom: Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont - and tell me it doesn't make your blood boil.

And with Republicans insisting we need LESS restrictions on banking and corporations, I'm surprised there aren't pitchfork-wielding citizens storming the House of Representatives.

I did send my congressman a terse, but well-phrased e-mail.

Current Knitting/Spinning
I've been working on a couple of things. I've done a bit more spinning of the Ultima Merino, because I can't wait to see how the resulting yarn turns out. The fiber is unlike anything I've ever spun before and I'm hopeful the yarn will be amazing.

I've also knit at least three stitches on my current sock project - I know...but in my defense, lately, when I'm not working, I'm sleeping or eating...even on my flights.

Finally, I have been enjoying some leisurely knitting of the honeycomb blanket when I'm home.
 

 

As you can see, I am doing continuous rows of hexagons instead of creating each one separately. This allows me to not have to keep doing figure-8 cast-ons and Kitchener stitch grafting at the top.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Thanks to everyone who either commented about missing my posts or sent me personal e-mails. Work has been brutal, but it seems to be getting better and I think I'll be able to both knit a bit more and blog more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment