Saturday, November 21, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving


It seems odd to add a wish onto the gerund form of the verb to give thanks...but that's the name of the holiday, so I wish you the best one yet.

Happy To Give Thanks
Yeah, it seems just as odd adding it to the infinitive of the verb.

Many of my Facebook friends and I have been noting each day on our Facebook status, something about which we are grateful.  I am fortunate to have family that will gladly tell me when something I'm doing is annoying the hell out of them, and some of my latest gratitude items are doing exactly that (or so I've been told).  They're sick of me using the format of gratitude to write about how amazing I am in different ways each day.

I'll try and make sure the gratitude is more about them from now on...or at least less about me.

Current Knitting/Spinning
Well, I've postponed a photo of the Milano Blanket for two blog posts now, so I guess it's time for a photo (or two).



I've completed either 50 or 51 rows of the total 66 rows that I need to knit to finish this blanket, so I am making steady progress.

I was also able to finish spinning the singles of the Cottswold fiber I got at the last Men's Spring Knitting Retreat.


The middle bobbin is just the Cottswold roving spun into a fine single and the bottom bobbin is the thick thin roving with the dyed locks spun into it.

And here's the resulting yarn plied up.



Suffice it to say, I love how this yarn turned out, and I have a use for it in mind already.

No comments:

Post a Comment