Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sockomplishment!

The new QueerJoe trademarked term for finishing a pair of hand-knit socks.

In The Season of Giving Thanks...

I can honestly be thankful that the ribbing is finally finished on my current sock project.


A couple of things about these socks:
  1. They have a long cuff - my hand-knit socks always seem to be excessively long in the leg when I'm knitting them, but as soon as I put them on, the cuff seems to shrink three inches.  So I made these much longer than I usually do and I used up all the yarn I had. 
  2. They are shaped - the top has a v-shaping that pulls in the top a little giving the socks a great snug and fitted feeling.  
  3. They are toe-up - the shaping idea I stole from Marlowe Crawford's Oliver Sock.  But her design is cuff-down.  So I adapted her idea to a toe-up, using my preferred heel from my standard sock recipe.


All-in-all, they turned out exactly as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment