Sunday, November 22, 2015

Planning Begins


Well, honestly, planning begins a full year before each retreat...but now it starts to get exciting.

Men's Spring Knitting Retreat - 2011!
Yes, can you believe we're slated to put on the fourth annual retreat in Upstate New York?

The enthusiasm for these events continues to amaze me.

There are currently four Men's Knitting Retreats scheduled:
1. New Zealand Men's Knitting Retreat
2. UK Men's Knitting Retreat
3. Men's Spring Knitting Retreat (mine in Upstate NY)
4. Rocky Mountain Knitting Retreat

Plus, there are plans underway to schedule the first ever Southeastern Men's Knitting Retreat.

Suffice it to say, that bringing together guys who knit has filled a need that not many even knew existed until a few years ago.

A Call To Vendors!
As in previous years, we're hoping that fiber vendors will be able to donate door-prizes, handout-bag-stuff or give-aways to support the event, and, at the same time put their company's name in front of a group of 50 rabid fiber enthusiasts!

In prior years, yarn and fiber and craft book companies have been very generous, so if you sell knitting, crochet or spinning-related products (or know someone who does and might be interested) and would like to make a donation to the upcoming May retreat, please send me an e-mail at contact@mensknittingretreat.com.

A huge thanks to those who have supported us in the past...we're hoping you can contiue to help again.

Current Knitting
I'm very happy to say that I've finished the back section of the Rowan Felted Tweed zippered cardigan and will soon be finishing the abbreviated front sections as well.



I'm thinking that I'll just do a 10" center panel (5 inches on each side) in a different pattern stitch. This will give me the chest size I was hoping for and also provide what I hope will be an interesting design element.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Regarding being around knitting celebrities, Ted writes, "And add Kenny to your list of 'Famous Knitters I Know'"

There are LOTS of Famous Knitters I Know personally, and Kenny's an excellent choice...I only listed two since they were the most recent I got to run into...if I tried to list all that I know, I would be certain to leave some out by accident and I definitely didn't want to do that.

NC Knitter (aka Tom) writes, "How about a center panel with TWO zippers?!"

OMFG...I think it will be challenging enough to sew in one zipper and I look awful in a the "double-breasted" kind of look anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment