Thursday, November 26, 2015

QueerJoe's Koan for Today...

Why is "everything in moderation" the goal, when I gravitate so much to the extremes?

Achievements and Setbacks
It seems that I strive to learn something important in my life, but then when I learn that particular lesson, I usually take it too far?

While knitting is an obviously example (and an example of where moderation ISN'T my goal either), I recently decided I needed to learn how to set boundaries with people...both for work and in my social life. I started out testing out ways of saying no, or not letting someone walk all over me and learned the ways that worked for me. Life was good.

Then I somehow got it in my head that if some boundaries were good, then more must be better!

I found myself this past week running kind of roughshod over some of my co-workers with my newly found "assertiveness."

Fortunately, I didn't do much damage, but I do have some apologies to make.

Current Knitting/Crocheting
I've finished the to front sections of the zippered cardigan I'm working on. I even attached the fronts to the shoulder section of the back.


So far so good. I'm pretty certain that I'll end up with a sweater that I'll actually like, but I'm not yet sure if I'll end up with a sweater I love more than any other. I only wish I knew what that certain "je ne sais quoi" was about the sweaters that turn out just perfectly.

Yes, you noticed the word "crocheting" reappearing in my section title above.

My 20 year old niece found an Etsy seller selling a pair of crochet lace spats, and asked me if I could make her a pair.

Here's a photograph of the one's she saw:


And here's what I've come up with:


I have to decide on what kind of fasteners to use (I'll probably end up doing small snaps) and find some decent ribbon or pre-made bows to apply, but overall, I'm quite happy with what I've created.

No comments:

Post a Comment