Sunday, February 22, 2015

Economy Seems To Be Improving

Whenever I get near the end of a project assignment, I'm often concerned with my company's ability to place me on a new project.

Is It Just Consulting?
I don't know if it's just my type of consulting, but there seem to be tons of possible projects available for me to go on in the upcoming months.

Is this because larger companies are doing better and able to make large project expenditures? Is it because larger companies are concerned about hiring regular employees, so they're transitioning into the new economy with contractors? Is it just a strange blip in companies needing to have work done on their HR/Payroll systems?

I really don't know the answer, but in addition to having a large number of opportunities in my own company's pipeline, it seems that I'm getting job offers to switch consulting firms as well.

I honestly haven't seen it look like this for over 10 years now, but I consider myself very fortunate indeed.

Current Knitting
I got some more work done on the Gossamer Lace wrap I'm working on.


I love this kind of fine lace...as you knit, it's all scrunched up, and looks like you've made very little progress, but block it out a bit...


...and you realized there's been quite a bit of progress made.

I'm thinking that I'll probably do one more repeat on this (after I finish the current 46 row repeat), and then do a simple edging of some sort.

Men's Knitting Books
Is it me, or are there a lot more men's knitting books?

I particularly like the look and title of Bruce Weinstein and Jared Flood's book, "Knits Men Want: The 10 Rules Every Woman Should Know Before Knitting for a Man~ Plus the Only 10 Patterns She'll Ever Need". Not the part about "Every Woman," but about the only 10 patterns that are ever needed for a guy's sweater.


I personally think that's a brilliant idea...basic designs...because it's highly unlikely a man will ever wear anything that's not pretty classic in design.

No comments:

Post a Comment