Friday, February 6, 2015

Vacation Time

Just a few short days of work, and then Thaddeus and I head to beaches, beautiful hotel, warm weather and good restaurants.




Cancun by Friday
Yes, Friday, we fly down to Cancun for the week.

While we haven't been down there for a number of years, we used to go down each year for a while.

It's nice for us to be familiar with the place we're staying...hotel facilities, restaurants, nice sections of the beach, how to get around, etc., so a Cancun vacation should be serene and relaxing.  I can't wait.

Since we'll be down there for Thaddeus' birthday, we'll have to see about having a special dinner that night.

And don't worry, we have a cat-sitter for Nico...she's a veterinary tech...so she's very well qualified to watch our prized kitty.

Current Knitting/Crocheting
Having finished the Rocky Mountain Skeindalous socks, I have focused a bit of attention on two different things.

I've done some work on the length-wise Koigu/Linen Stitch scarf project.



I did end up gradually increasing the needle size, and I'm thinking it's giving me a nice soft ruffle, but it could be my imagination, since it's hard to see what it will look like off the needles.

Either way, I couldn't be happier with the colors, texture and drape of the fabric.

I've also been experimenting with a new crochet technique (for me) to try and create medallions that a jewelery-making friend of mine might care to use.  I made two prototypes, one in blue and one in silver lurex, that I liked well enough, but I'm not sure she'll be able to do anything with them.





Starting the inside part of the spiral is fiddly and tricky, but the outer spirals get easier and easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment