Saturday, February 21, 2015

Obsessive Much?

Which sounds like more, 8 kilos or 17 lbs, 10 ounces?


Better Canadian Export Than Celine Dion

I've blogged about this before, that from the first day I tasted Kraft Extra Creamy Peanut Butter, I didn't want any other brand.

Unfortunately, it's only available in Canada, and it costs at least $20 in shipping to have it sent through one of the few suppliers who will send it to the United States.


But the nice thing, is you can also order some of the Cadbury chocolate you can't get here in the States.  Just remember to misspell favorites when you go to their web site.

Current Crochet

I've finished Nico's Granny Square Blanket, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

 



















Here's another close up of the edging, which finishes the blanket perfectly (in my not so humble opinion).



I still need to re-weave some of my ends and wash and block this, but for all intents and purposes, it's finished!

A completely gratuitous photo of our new boy, Finn.

 Readers' Comments/Questions

Thank you all for you good wishes and kind words about Finn...it's been less than a week and I'm already totally in love.  He's fun, he's funny, he's loving and he's beautiful.

JoBleudeMaine writes, "He's gorgeous! Is he a lynx-point? Or not Siamese--just blue eyed?"

He was listed as Siamese, and he certainly has some of the personality traits of a Siamese, and Thaddeus is pretty convinced he's a lynx-point mix.  

scifiknitter writes, "We're looking forward to going to the shelter to pick out a new cat for our household in 2 weeks, when our daughter the cat whisperer is home for the weekend. We've had to euthanize two beloved elderly cat in the past two weeks, and we're in the same place you were when Nico left your lives. We'll also be looking for a cat who is not finding a home easily, and who has some spunk."

I've heard from a number of people who have recently lost cats and my heart aches for you (and them).  I still miss Nico a lot.  But, I have always taken a lot of comfort, when the time comes to say goodbye, that the cat lived a MUCH better life with Thaddeus and I than they might have without having been rescued.  Good luck in your search.

Finally, via e-mail, Tim writes, "I noticed you where knitting with I noticed you where knitting with Karbonz double-pointed needles....I do a number of socks on bamboo needles and would like to get your opinion on likes or dislikes of the Karbonz."

When it comes to acquiring any more double-pointed needles, I will never buy anything else than the Karbonz double-pointed needles....I am totally hooked.  I have knit with Harmony's, steel, bamboo, birch and ebony.  I love the wood needles, because of the smooth feel with a silky drag on the yarn and I enjoy the KnitPick's Harmony needles.  I've never been a big fan of the steel double-points as they're a bit too slippery and heavy for my tastes.  I'm a very firm knitter and bend/break wooden needles too easily.  The  Karbonz are light, have the perfect amount of drag on the yarn and they're indestructible...even in my death grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment