Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Twisted, Curmudgeonly Weekend

I had the opportunity to meet up with Marilyn, the infamous Knitting Curmudgeon and her daughter, Jenn at Twist Knitting and Spinning.


Yarn Shopping Enhanced

Twist is a wonderful store, especially when JJ and Steve are working.  They're both funny, smart and know my taste in yarn supplies.  Add Marilyn into the fray, and I can't go wrong with purchases.

Here's what I ended up with on Saturday.


First off, I'm increasing my stash of Knitter's Pride Karbonz double-pointed needles...these are US4.  Next, I had to pick up two balls of Kauni in the green/purple/orange colorway (in the upper right side of the photo).  Mar also found the sock yarn on the right which is Lang Jawoll Magic Dégradé (superwash).  For 400 meters, it was only $9.50 and I loved the colorway.  Finally, Steve convinced me to buy the four balls of linen yarn...it's Schoppel Leinen Los which is 70% wool and 30% linen.  It's stiff like linen, but Steve says is softens up in the knitting and the washing.  Not sure what I'll use if for, but I'm very happy to own it.

Current Knitting

Based on prodding by Thaddeus, I have been working almost exclusively on his Aunt Dorothy's zippered cardigan vest.


She doesn't live close by, I don't know her very well, but she assured Thaddeus that she was a size 10.  I honestly have no idea how that will translate to a sweater vest for her, so I'm crossing my fingers on sizing and shaping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment