Friday, August 28, 2015

Men's Fiber Escape

After the success and growth of the Men's Knitting Retreats, one of the regular attendees suggested trying something a bit less formal, perhaps shorter to bring male knitters together - a Men's Fiber Escape.

Basic Concepts
John's first idea was to designate a weekend in Provincetown, put together a list of lodging places in close proximity and perhaps organize one event to bring together all the guys...like a cocktail party or a simple gathering place.  But basically the idea is to let everyone do their own thing throughout the weekend.  I loved the idea and now a few folks are considering putting together somewhat less formal "escapes."

The Provincetown weekend didn't end up happening but two other events are possibly in the works, one in Montreal and another in the Poconos in PA.

I'll keep you updated on any opportunities for knitter-guys to get together.

Current Knitting
It's been a while since I've blogged, but knitting has been somewhat slow in the week since my last post.

I have, however, managed to make some headway on the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Sock for people that fucking hate Pink.



I had forgotten how I turned the heel on the first sock, so the heel is a bit different on the second sock...but I figured "Who cares...the heel is hidden inside a shoe and even when it's not, who the hell looks that closely at a non-pink sock?"

No comments:

Post a Comment