Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas Continues

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at typically reserved for spending time with family, but we celebrate an extended Christmas each year with friends on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Back to Work



This Monday will have me back up in Edmonton and whatever weather they're experiencing up there.

While it will give me a chance to digest all the food I ate over the holiday, and bring me back to some sense of normality, I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to it.

2011 Men's Spring Knitting Retreat - Scholarship Fund Lottery
In the mean time, I thought it was time to have a contest at QueerJoe...it's been YEARS!...so I thought I'd start the year right.

For this year's Men's Spring Knitting Retreat, I wanted to contribute something to help support the men's knitting community, so I've decided to host a lottery of items from my personal stash. All proceeds from the lottery will go towards the cost of the retreat for one or more lucky guys as well as some travel stipend. I'll post more about the scholarship and nominations in a future post.

Have you ever been to one of those auctions where you buy tickets and put tickets into bags or baskets for only those items you want to win? Then they pick one ticket for each item? That's kind of what I'm trying to do in a virtual way.

Tickets are $1 each and you can put as many virtual "tickets" into the drawing for one of eight different prizes.

If this is confusing, read the "How To Play" section on the lottery site and if you still don't understand...send me off an e-mail and I'll try to explain more clearly.

But suffice it to say, for each dollar you contribute to the scholarship fund, you get one more chance of winning one of the eight prizes!

Check out the items here.

No comments:

Post a Comment