Sunday, January 18, 2015

Up In The Air

Was fortunate enough to have seen this movie this past weekend and quite enjoyed it.




A Life Of Travel
For someone who travels (and has traveled for 12 years now) a lot, I quite related to some parts of this movie.

As many of you probably know, in addition to frequent flier miles with the airlines, hotel chains also have frequent stay programs. My loyalty has been with Marriott hotels most of my 12 year career, and I have a ridiculous number of points with them.

Like most loyalty programs, Marriott has color-coded cards based on your number of stays in the current year, Silver, Gold and Platinum. What most folks don't know, is that there is one more level that is reserved for guests who are in the top 5% of Marriott customers...it's called Platinum Premier.

I took this screen shot from my Marriott Rewards page:



It made me laugh because it's only January 17th, so I can't imagine how I have 67 nights so far this year unless the year started in 2009 sometime. Suffice it to say, I think I'll hit platinum premier again this year.

Current Knitting
I finished the second in the pair of felted slipper clogs, although I still haven't felted them yet...I need to go buy a zippered pillow cover first...I hate all the fuzz felting in an open washing machine can deposit on the drum of the washer.



I searched around for any WIP that I could pick up and start to complete, and the only thing I could find readily was the second in the pair of socks using James' possum/merino sock yarn.



The ribbing on this sock will keep me busy during the week.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Fiber Ninja writes, "What is the pattern used for your clogs? It looks like it's something that could be knit by someone that is primarily a spinner and only a mediocre knitter."

It's from FiberTrends and requires two strands of worsted weight yarn knitting together. It's a great little pattern and the folks I've made these for (including Thaddeus and me!) always love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment