Monday, January 12, 2015

Good-Bye 2009

It's been quite a busy year, no? Both knitting and personally, I've had a lot going on.

Sorry For the Post-Holiday Blackout at QueerJoe
Despite all the material I had for blog entries over the course of the last week or two, I just couldn't get it together to post a blog entry.

But I'm back, and looking forward to a productive and expressive 2010.

Current Knitting
I did end up finishing my mom's sweater in plenty of time for delivery on Xmas day, and she was quite thrilled.

I must admit, it came out quite well. I didn't get any photos of the completed
garment (didn't think of taking one until I had already gotten it gift-wrapped), but I do have few of my mom wearing it at her 11th wedding anniversary party.


The fit was perfect, the shaping was excellent, although I probably would have made the neck opening a bit smaller, and the finishing was quite good, although if I had had more time, I would have re-attached the sleeves a bit more neatly.

I also finished the pair of felted clogs for my sister to give to her husband. I forgot entirely to take pictures, but I'm sure I could find pictures of similarly finished clog slippers that I've made....hmmm...they looked kind of like this!



New Project...Well, Old Project
I felt very distracted during the entire holiday season, and after the rush of the two Xmas gift projects, I didn't really feel like challenging myself.

I picked up one of my oldest W'sIP, the baby alpaca bed blanket/coffin cover.

I don't have pictures, but all-in-all, I added about 10 inches, and now I'm over 3 feet of knitted fabric.

It was a pleasure to be knitting on such a thoughtless project.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Ivar Asplund noted that he had heard me on Swedish public radio the other week.

Thanks Ivar for tipping me off that the piece finally aired. While I don't speak any Swedish, I listened to the entire piece. For those who would like to listen, you can link to it here:

http://www.sr.se/webbradio/webbradio.asp?type=broadcast&Id=2116179&BroadcastDate=&IsBlock=

At about 15:30, you'll hear Lovisa Hamm's interview of me, and me answering some of her questions. I like to think of Lovisa as the "Terry Gross" of Swedish Public Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment