Saturday, January 24, 2015

We Have WINNERS!!!

Yes, eight winners to be exact. And within a couple of weeks because of what each of you donated to the lottery (plus donations from others...thanks!), there will be two big winners...of scholarships to the May Men's Knitting Retreat.

Contest Results
Overall, there were a total of 571 entries for prizes (which equates to $572 in scholarship funds!...actually it was more than that...some folks generously donated to the fund without entering for any prizes).

Of the eight prizes, the following is the breakdown of entries for each prize:

Wooden Swift - 96
Vintage Books - 10
Malabrigo Silky Merino - 62
Trekking XXL Sock Yarn - 51
Brooks Farm Duet Yarn - 102
Ty Dy Sock Yarn - 39
Lavold Silky Wool - 174
MSKR 2010 Retreat Bag - 37

So clearly, the Lavold Silky Wool was the desired favorite for most entrants.

And the winners are:

Wooden Swift - Michael T.
Vintage Books - Elizabeth M.
Malabrigo Silky Merino - Elizabeth M.
Trekking XXL Sock Yarn - Elayne H.
Brooks Farm Duet Yarn - Tom B.
Ty Dy Sock Yarn - Leslie B.
Lavold Silky Wool - Ray C.
MSKR 2010 Retreat Bag - Sheri F.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated. I'll have sent e-mails to all the folks listed above to confirm mailing addresses, so if you don't have an e-mail from me, please check your SPAM folders.

Current Knitting/Spinning
I finally finished up the endless collar on the zippered cardigan.



While I still have to weave in a few ends, I've overall, quite happy with how this garment turned out. And if anyone is ever unsure as to whether the Rowan Felted Tweed yarn is worth it, I would definitely say it is.

I also am desperately wanting to try out my new AWESOME lazy-kate, so I started a new spinning project. I was also quite curious to see how this roving:


...would turn out when actually spun into singles. Here's my result so far.


The roving is Black Bunny Fiber-dyed corriedale...cleverly named SweetTart by Carol. It's spinning up quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment