Friday, January 9, 2015

Social Networking Overload

Okay...I'm on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Ravelry, Blogger (duh!), Instagram, Pinterest and Yammer.

Extrovert Much?
I use Facebook to keep up with my family, friends and acquaintances.  It's useful to get a sense about what's going on in their lives and to let them know what's going on in mine.

I use Twitter to express myself to a much broader audience of some friends, some acquaintances and some complete strangers.  I sometimes feel like I'm just yelling my "tweets" into a large vortex of things that might possible be heard and/or acknowledged, and some that won't.

LinkedIn has proven useful to present myself to the professional world and help me keep networked for work.

Ravelry is a great way of documenting my knitting projects, finding patterns and organizing the annual Men's Knitting Retreat.

Blogger was my first social networking and I've been doing that for seven years and it's still my favorite method of expressing myself.

Instagram has become my iPhone app for updating Facebook, but I guess it's considered a social networking site unto itself.

Pinterest is a pretty/photographic way of storing internet favorites.

And Yammer I was coerced into joining for work and I have no idea what it is, what it does or why the hell I'm on it.

Current Knitting
I finished EVERYTHING on the nephew cardigan. and it will be mailed out Friday when I get home this week.










It came out very well, but I need to get it to him quickly so he can wear it while it's still cold enough and he hasn't outgrown it.  I put in the close-up photo to show that I overlaid the thread I used to sew on the buttons with the green colored contrast yarn.  I loved the buttons, and while the yarn color is subtle at best, I still was proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment