Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekend Jaunts for Jet-Setters

It used to be such a sign of prestige to be someone who flew to various places as part of their work.  And one of the perks was being able to fly off for long weekends to somewhere fun and exciting.



Vegas Baby!
So, I decided I'd try and take advantage of the flight-savvy among us, and take a long weekend in Las Vegas.

A co-worker pal of mine and I got free rooms at a hotel just a block off the strip, and instead of flying to our respective homes this past weekend, we took a detour to sin-city.

Believe it or not, other than layovers in the Las Vegas airport, I had never been to Las Vegas.

We went to buffets, went to see a Cirque du Soleil show (Zumanity), gambled, got a facial (the respectable kind!), had oxygen at an oxygen bar, and went to an amazing restaurant/nightclub.  Here are some random photos I snapped on the iPhone.

No...I was not hospitalized...I was rejuvenating with 90% oxygen.



This is actually a wine storage "cellar" with elevators...impressive.




First Class Knitting and Facials
On the flight to Vegas, I was upgraded to first class.  Sitting in the front row of the plane, I pulled out my knitting as soon as I boarded and the passenger across the aisle got very excited, because she had recently learned to knit, and had her knitting with her as well.


Her knitting was excellent for someone who learned so recently, and it was a blast getting to chat with another obsessed knitter during the flight.

While in Vegas, I decided to treat myself to a facial.  There were a couple of spas that used the skin care products my Spa-Manager/Friend recommended for me (Epicuren Skin Care products), and one of the spas was right in my hotel.  I don't know how I've lived without a facial up to this point in my life.  It was INCREDIBLE and truly made me feel rejuvenated...in every sense of the word.

Plus, as a bonus, I found BY FAR the best lip balm I have ever used (the Skin Care professional at the spa put it on my lips right at the end of the facial).



 This stuff is amazing...it feels kind of oily, but absorbs into my lips practically instantaneously and doesn't look like I"m wearing lip gloss.

Current Knitting/Spinning
I'll post photos in the next blog entry, but I finished the pair of socks from the yarn I got at the Rocky Mountain Men's Knitting retreat last July from Skeindelous Yarns.  I ended up undoing the bind-off on the first sock and making them both a bit longer to make use of the very generous yardage of the yarn.

Believe it or not, I also finally finished spinning the singles of the Optim Merino top.  I will ply it this coming weekend when I'm back home.

I did a minimal amount of work on the Koigu Linen Stitch scarf as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment