Wednesday, January 14, 2015

QueerJoe Loves Men

I guess it should come as no surprise that I love men...but I have been falling in love all over again.


My Yearly Man-a-Palooza

Each year at the Men's Knitting Retreat in May, I get the amazing chance to lounge around with about 40 other guys, knitting, chatting and...well, falling in love.

So far this year, we have 28 guys registered for the 2014 Men's Spring Knitting Retreat.  I have the great fortune of processing the registrations each year, and every time a new registration comes through, one of two things happens:

  1. I know the guy (usually from a prior year retreat) and I get the wonderful experience of thinking about how great it is to be around this person, or
  2. I don't know the guys and I go researching Facebook and Ravelry to see how great the guy will fit in with the old-timers at the retreat.
I win either way!

So, if you know of any exceptional guys that have been looking to attend one of the Men's Knitting Retreats, this year's event only has 10 spots left open, so encourage him to register right away, or minimally nominate himself for a scholarship to attend.

Current Knitting/Crochet

I've finished the 35 granny square's in Nico's Koigu Granny Square Blanket AND I finished the pair of socks I was working on.  First, Nico's blanket:



So thrilled to have finished all the squares, and now I face the daunting task of putting them all together.  I have decided to crochet them together with a single crochet, as described in this guy's great video.

The socks also came out great.





The only complaint I have is that I must have had two COMPLETELY different dye lots for the two balls of sock yarn, but honestly, I kind of like that they're very different looking with the same general color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment