Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Male Fiber Bonding

Like many Apple products, I didn't realize how much I needed the company of other male knitters until I found myself in their company.

Fiber Bonding Expedition
Over the New Year's weekend, I was lucky enough to get together with a couple of guys who I got the chance to know through the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat.



First, I must apologize for the photo.  I stole it from Kirk's Facebook pages and modified it to remove to other people between them...suffice it to say, Kirk (on the right) does not have a gargantuan hand - that is someone else's completely proportional hand on Matt's shoulder.  Second, I must apologize again for not having busted out the camera for a photo opportunity when we got together.

Be that as it may, we had a very nice visit and got the chance to head to my favorite local yarn store, Twist Knitting and Spinning.

I opted to pick up a bit more yarn.






I picked up more than enough Zara to make a striped sweater for me.  I also found out my LYS carries Kauni, so I had to have some of that.  Finally, I picked up the latest copy of Vogue Knitting so I could have patterns for a couple of things designed by friends in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment