Thursday, January 15, 2015

There Goes My Florida Vacation

Thaddeus and I have not been to Mexico in the last couple of years due to a number of reasons, but we were considering doing a domestic trip to Florida sometime.

Seems We're Not Welcome
The new governor, Rick Scott has already shown his disdain for gays and lesbians by making one of his first acts as governor, signing an executive order that doesn't extend protection against discrimination for sexual orientation (or for handicap or marital status for that matter!).

Many of his comments during the election seemed to indicate he was going to be a homophobic bigot, and now it's clear.

Suffice it to say, I won't be supporting that state with any of my tourism dollars. Perhaps supporting New Orleans would be a better choice.

Current Knitting/Weaving
I did very little of any fiber-related activity this past week. But I did promise photos of existing projects.

Here are the place mats I did finish weaving.


I know they're not perfect, but I kind of like how uneven they are.

Here is a photo of my start on the Fiber Trends Felted Clogs Pattern
.


As many readers know, I've made a lot of pair of these. It's probably the most used pattern of all the knitting patterns I've ever followed, and I follow this one to the letter because it always comes out perfectly.

Men's Knitting Retreat Lottery
Thanks to all of you have have bid on items in the lottery.

I will take bids (aka contributions to the scholarship fund for the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat) until Sunday, January 16th, 2011 and then announce winners later that week.

Start thinking now about who you'd like to nominate to win a full scholarship to this year's event. It's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment