Sunday, April 12, 2015

Both Sides Now

I've always related to the Joni Mitchell song...I'm either indecisive or I'm open-minded...I could go either way on it.

Being a Chameleon...Phony or Adaptive?
I've always had a talent for fitting into my environment, and I often start taking on characteristics of the way I perceive the locals to be.

Is this being a phony or is it a skill that should be applauded?

Often times, I think it's a bit of both.

I certainly have a desire to fit in and be liked. I would never compromise certain core beliefs to do so, but I would definitely go out of my way to make others comfortable around me by trying to be more like them in certain ways.

For instance, if someone I worked with on a project acted in a way that was ignorant about my sexual orientation, but didn't intend to be hurtful, I could easily ignore it, joke about it or try to be educational, depending on what I thought the person might be open to. However, if a person said something that I considered to be hateful our hurtful about the same topic, I would definitely make an issue out of it, even if it possibly meant damaging any chance of getting along later.

Whishy-washy is a way of being that I might not recommend highly, but it seems to work for me.

Current Knitting/Crocheting
In almost a week since the last photos of the Asherton Baby Blanket, I haven't made a whole lot of progress.



I'm almost finished with the second row of color-blocks, and I was going to wait until I had started the third before blogging, but I had to get a post out there this week.

I also brought the crochet baby blanket with me to see if I could possibly make this into something I like.


You can see the blue edging I started at the bottom...it's just not working. You can also get a sense of the size of the blanket based on the Canadian $5 bill (see, I adapt so quickly!) so I'll try out some other options and see whether I can salvage this project.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Leslie writes, "What I love about the baby blanket pattern is that it is reversible...what yarn are you using. I love the colors, soft but not pastel!"

It's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino...that's what I liked about the colors too...vibrant, but still child-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment