Thursday, April 16, 2015

More Bigger

Why is it that some things seem more tragic than others...especially when "tragic" should be the worst it gets?

Perspective Doesn't Help

I remember when 9/11 happened and how shocked and devastated I personally felt.  People would try to make comparisons to put the number of deaths into perspective, by stating the number of people dying in the Israeli/Palestinian struggles, or by citing how many children die at the hands of guns each year, and it didn't make the devastation any less.

Again, with the Boston Marathon, I feel personally attacked.

Selfish perhaps, but I can't help feel like the bombers went after something I hold dear.

As far as I know, no one I know was hurt or killed by the bombs, but I still am eager to see justice done to the perpetrators...and this justice feels much more like vengeance.  This kind of event brings out my worst character traits, all having to do with ego, but it seems the best I can contribute to those suffering losses or injuries.  Some form of solidarity with them against the hateful people that did this.

I know healing will come.  It always does.  And like a popular posting on Facebook, I will try to look for and focus on the helpers.

Current Knitting

I was glad to have something else to focus on than minute-by-minute stories from Boston, so I was able to make some progress on my current pullover project.


I did finish the first sleeve and completed the picking up of stitches and shoulder-cap shaping of the second sleeve.  This will soon be a completed garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment