Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Expectations About Hate

There are some days where I'm amazed at how far we've come...African American President of the U.S., same sex marriage equality in many states and hope for a woman for president in 2016.

But On Other Days...

...I couldn't be more discouraged by the kind of hate I hear.  That idiot Cliven Bundy out in Nevada is a very high-profile example of some of the racial hatred that's been less evident until Fox News made him their little Tea Party star.  But racial hatred never went away...it just wasn't so spotlighted in the news.

And homophobia hasn't gone away either.  Just take a look at what our Christian Right countrymen exported to Uganda when they realized fighting marriage equality was a losing battle here in the States.

It seems as if recent Supreme Court decisions on affirmative action are either willfully ignorant, or just ignorant...as are the decisions made about voter discrimination.

We need some major shift in thinking in this country, and I can only hope that this mid-term election in November (and PLEASE don't forget the primaries before that) will be a signal to conservatives that we reject hate in all it's forms, and even if we hold conservative social or fiscal views, hate won't be tolerated.

That's QueerJoe's dream for today.

Current Crochet

Got distracted again.  I had some skeins of Koigu KPPPM in my stash SCREAMING for attention.  So I decided to start on another Interlocking Wave Scarf using just two different colorways of Koigu.



I recently gave away one of these scarfs in LOTS of different Koigu colorways and the recipient LOVED the scarf.  I'm also amazed at how quickly this scarf crochets up.

Readers' Comments/Questions

Maureen wrote:  "I'd love a close-up picture of the blanket!"

Here you go:


No comments:

Post a Comment