Friday, April 10, 2015

Openness To Inspiration

As much as I'd like to say how open I am to being inspired, I think my openness is a bit more limited than I'd like to believe.

Limited Openness

A quick scan of Pinterest is a perfect microcosm of how I can sometimes enthusiastically embrace an idea that I find fits my aesthetic views and how I can totally dismiss ideas outside my areas of interest.

Some call this throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I'm starting to believe that creative people are more open to seeing things in a way that they find inspiration.  While I might look at a crochet toilet paper cozy and dismiss the entire thing, a more creative person might see a fabric texture, or a color combination, or a kitsch factor that inspires them to take useful aspects and leave the parts they don't find appealing.

I'm going to try and see things differently.

Current Knitting

At least I am being very productive in my knitting.

I've finished the latest pair of Zauberball socks.


Readers thought these were rainbow socks, but they really aren't.  I love how bright the colorway is and I will enjoy wearing these socks.

I've also gotten past the arm-hole shaping on the Henry Der vest.


Until this vest is almost finished, it will be difficult to decide if this design idea is going to work very well and also difficult to get a decent photo that doesn't make this look like an Alien embryo.

No comments:

Post a Comment