Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Goal Setting

I find goal setting to be an incredibly useful tool in keeping me focused.  But I also don't let goal rule my life...they're just goals after all.

Retirement Goal

The countdown calender in the left column of this blog shows I have only a few days left until retirement:


Of course, the above is just a screen print, so the number of days will be dependent on what day you looked!

Regardless, unless something quite drastic happens before the end of this month, it's not likely I'll be retiring.

A couple of reasons:

  1. I'm working with a client whose project won't complete until the middle of next month, and they want me to stay on for the remainder of the year.  I really like this client, and they pay me well.
  2. I haven't met my financial goals for retirement.  Seems I'm still a bit short of what I'll need to retire.
  3. There is no government healthcare, and it costs about $13,000 a year to insure Thaddeus and I for health, and that won't reduce until he reaches age 65 (in another 6 years).
So, I'm not sure when I'll retire, or even semi-retire.

I'll keep you updated, but I'm not going to re-set the goal.

Current Knitting

I got a bit more work done on the second sleeve of the Icelandic wool pullover.



Gray on gray doesn't really work, and the size of the sweater is really for Thaddeus (who is a little bigger than I am), but still I think this is going to make a fine looking sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment