Saturday, March 7, 2015

Gramps


I recently finished the most adorable little old man sweater for my 2 year old boy.

This pattern is called Gramps and was designed by Tin Can Knits. Not to be confused with the other Gramps Cardigan I made for him before he was born by Kate Oates. :)



I fell in love with a sample of this Gramps sweater during my visit to Monarch Knitting recently and promptly cast on. I guess I just couldn't resist the shawl collar and tiny pockets. And who wouldn't love those knitted elbow patches?


I used Berroco Blackstone Tweed for the body and a lone skein of Madelinetosh Vintage floating around in my stash for the trims. I love the contrasting texture and color in the two yarns.

It is just completely adorable. I love it. And my son... well.... doesn't.


This is the best picture I could get of him in his new sweater.. and there was a lot of bribing involved to even get him into it.

Listen to my next podcast episode for the entire devastating story. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment