Thursday, March 26, 2015

Insanity...

...has been defined as doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.


Enough! You Lost Twice Now...Big Time
Why is it that when the Republican whiney-babies lose the majority of seats in congress and the White house, they think getting whinier will help?

Why is it that when the name-calling bullies try to force their will on the American public, and lose big time, they think that getting nastier and more obstinate will help.

Time to stop pandering to the lead-paint-eating rabid teabaggers, with whom Republicans have painted themselves into a corner. Now it's scary for Republicans to have any sense at all...look at how hard McCain is fighting to keep his senate seat against the rabidly insane JD Hayworth (the man likens homosexuality to bestiality and thinks McCain is a wimp for being against torture). The Republicans have ramped up the hate speech to such a fevered pitch, that only the most insane crazies seem to get any play in primary elections throughout the country on the Republican side.

You'd think they'd realize it's time to try something different, no?

Current Knitting
I've made some additional progress on my version of the Zaire pullover, although not that much, even though I've been on vacation all this week.


A piece of cut glass in a box of old junk at the flea market sliced a huge gash in Thaddeus' finger this past Wednesday requiring him to get 9 stitches at the emergency room (he had fortunately just had his Tetanus shot the prior week). Unfortunately, I didn't have my knitting with me for this 2.5 hour ordeal, or I might have made a bit more progress.

As of now, I've completed 1.5 rows of squares out of the 4 required to get to the top of the body.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Regarding Monica's cool note cards, Tom writes, "What a great idea for a line of cards! Just wondering if that is Nico sitting on the back of your chair. Perhaps she could no a line of Nico cards?"

Actually, I think that was Gage in the picture, and I'm not quite sure that there are enough Nico fans on the planet to support Monica's notecard business, but I sure would buy a pack or two!

Speaking of Monica, she writes, "I love the earthy colors you've chosen for the Zaire - that green just says, wrap-me-around-you! Very fine gauge, isn't it?"

Yes...it's done all in garter stitch using jumper-weight (fingering) yarn on US3 (3.25 mm) needles. It's quite a bit of knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment