Saturday, March 14, 2015

Knit Visits

I got a chance to meet Ray at the West Coast Men's Knitting Retreat a number of years ago.  He generously drove me around out there in his rental car all weekend and to and from the airport.


Here's How I Re-Pay Him

So he's out here on business for a couple of weeks...about 20 minutes from where I live, and after some challenging work days, he wants nothing more than have a knitting event.

I took him to first to get fed at our local Thai restaurant (Siam in Lambertville, NJ in case anyone needs to know), and then to Twist Knitting and Spinning in Lahaska, PA for Wednesday night knit night.

I've always loved that store...great yarns and great people, but this night was really one of my favorite knit nights ever.  Deb the owner is always wonderful and there were other fantastic store employees and even two guy-knitters (other than me and Ray!).  A good time was had by all, and I even had to buy things while I was there...there's what I got:
Jitterbug Sock Yarn by Colinette - rich, swampy green color

Jitterbug in a brighter colorway

More Karbonz double-points and Cascade Heritage Silk sock yarn in green and purple

Koigu KPPPM (it was on SALE!)

Zauberball Sock Yarn in a fun colorway

Current Crochet

The crochet blanket is starting to get to be more blanket size as I continue to add on more stripes.


This is going to be a nice warm lap blanket...by the time I finish it, I may have to put it away for next year.

Readers' Comments/Questions

Regarding the photo of Finn on the top of his scratching post last blog post, Maureen asks, "Finn looks as though he has a bandage on his leg?

No, that's his natural coloring.  The only remnants of his shelter health issues is the fur growing back on his neck.  He had some flea bite dermatitis that cleared up in his first few weeks with us, but only after they had sheared his whole neck area to help it heal more easily.

Tim Tenclay, has also got two things going on...first, he knit up my sock recipe and it came out great.

Second, he and his family are planning a mission to help immigrants into Italy and are looking for financial support in his venture.  For those who don't know Tim and his family, they are wonderful people and the kind of folks you'd want representing humanity to people in need of support.  Support him here, if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment