Friday, March 27, 2015

Products That Should Be Global

Having traveled outside the U.S. a few times, I've come upon certain foods that I think are amazing, but weren't available when I came back to the states.

My Short List

I think we ought to come up with a full list of food items that we should require all countries to make available (or at least my country).

Kraft Extra Creamy Peanut Butter - I've discussed this before, available in Canada, but not the U.S.
Swiss Coffee - If I were Swiss and visited the U.S., I would be sorely disappointed with the coffee here.
Liberté Yogurt - Until recently, I could only find this in Canada
Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (also goes under Best brand) - Not sure how global this is, but it needs to be
Non-Pasteurized Cheeses - I ate amazing cheeses in France that don't compare with ANYTHING here
Mee Goreng - stir-fry noodle dish (or at least the ingredients for it...especially Kecap Manis
Italian prosciuttos - Not just from Parma...they have AMAZING cured meats that I need

Recently, I was extremely happy to see that Liberté Méditerranée yogurt had made it to my grocery store in Albany.


I highly recommend the full-fat version...it is worth EVERY globule of fat in it.  But people tell me the low/no-fat version is good too.

What would you add to the global list of mandated food products?

Current Knitting

Only got a few more inches of the first sleeve done, and couldn't really get a good self-photo on my iPhone.


Oh well...it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment