Thursday, June 11, 2015

Clearing Out Yarn Ends

Okay...what the hell are you supposed to do with partial ball remnants from completed knitting projects?

They're Taking Over

In reviewing my outstanding WIP's the other day, it required me to ferret through all my crafting areas, and I was amazed at how much yarn I had left over from various projects that would probably never see a project.

Different fibers, different weights, colors all over the color wheel.

I'd love to say that I've got this scrappy little project that would use up all these yarns in a way that would blend them into one eclectic article of beauty.  Or that I know of a convent near my house where the nuns turn scraps of yarn into the most gorgeous crochet flower pins and sell them to help the poor children with leprosy in my neighborhood.  Or even that I have all these yarns organized by weight, fiber and color, so that when I need them, they'll be right at hand.

But alas, none of those are true.

And honestly, even if someone handed me the perfect project to use up all this yarn, I'd probably never be able to fit it into my docket of knitting projects.  I'm already using up remnants of sock yarn in my Interlocking Crochet Scarf and also on the Hexipuff Blanket.

Who knew yarn could be such an albatross around my neck?

Current Knitting/Crochet

I've added a few more lengthwise rows to the Interlocking Crochet Scarf, and I'm thinking I may only add a few more.


Still trying to decide how I'd like to write up a pattern and/or publish a little video on doing this fun stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment