Tuesday, June 16, 2015

So Long Old Friend

Thaddeus and I may be one of the last hold-outs when it comes to watching a tube television.


Soon To Be Replaced

This is our 36" Sony WEGA television that has served us faithfully now for many years.  Despite a LOT of television watching over the years, this 2 ton marvel (well, it's very heavy anyway) has been a faithful conveyer of televised entertainment.

Recently, it's been starting to fail on us, forcing us into the 21st century.

Now, we just have to figure out what kind of television to purchase.  Suffice it to say, our new one won't have a tube like this one, and we will soon be able to watch HD broadcasts and stream things from our computers directly to the television.

I can't imagine what the hell we'll need to do to get rid of the old monster.

Current Knitting

New vibrant and colorful scarf design, almost off the needles, that I'm calling Bright Lizard Scarf.



I couldn't wait to finish casting off the last row and blocking this, so I'll post a couple of final photos.  The scarf uses two different yarns from Claudia Hand Painted Yarns.  It's even two different weights of yarns.  I used a colorway called "Eat Your Veggies" in the Sport Weight yarn, and "Blue Terra Cotta" in the fingering weight yarn.

Don't you think it kind of looks like this bright lizard?

 
I will be writing up the pattern for this scarf, but I'm not yet sure how I'll make it available.  Suffice it to say, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment