Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Giddy With Delight


Is it just me, or does this mini-swatch make you deliriously happy to look at?

I LOVE Green
I blame knitting-friend Kathy Merrick and Kaffe Fasset for my passion for sharp, acidy greens, and I think the swatch above is a perfect combination of the shades of green I find incredibly appealing.

The yarn is Cliffs of Insanity MCN Worsted weight yarn (80% merino / 10% cashmere / 10% nylon) by Indigo Dragonfly, and while I could find no available yarns on her site in this colorway (actually, she's Canadian, so it's colourway), I did request some of the MCN sport yarn in a different colourway.

Her dyeing is quite amazing and her choice of fibers is really wonderful.

Current Knitting
Despite waiting in airports, and flying to the West Coast again, I haven't made a lot of progress on the Malabrigo Silky Merino pullover.




I've had to rip this one out a number of times, and I think if I have to rip it out again, the yarn may not survive.

But fortunately, I think I've established a stitch pattern that I like a lot.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Seanna Lee writes, "I love Seven Yaks. It is wear I bought those sock blockers (though presumably mine are smaller). I had forgotten that there are other things there! "

It's one of the many pleasures of coordinating the men's knitting retreat each year...I get exposed to amazing little fiber businesses that I might never have known about, like Seven Yaks and Indigo Dragonfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment