Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Yarn Bombings

I know there are others that feel differently, but I find "Yarn Bombing" to be one of the biggest wastes of knitting time (or crocheting if that's what you do).


I Guess It's Art

In the same way that graffiti is art, I guess so is yarn bombing, and yarn bombing is usually a lot less permanent and vandalism-like.  But it also takes a LOT longer to make a tree cozy and sew it onto a tree than it does to spray paint your "tag" on the side of an abandoned factory.

If you ever see this graffiti tag, you'll know I was there.
I even kind of get the appeal of yarn bombing...it's a way of using some skill you have to beautify an area.  I just don't get why you'd put so much effort into something that might get torn off the first day.





But then again, I never really did get performance art either.

Current Knitting

I made some progress on my current Koigu Picot Scarf project and I'm liking how it's turning out.


While the picot edge might usually make a garment a bit too feminine, I don't think it does in this particular case.

No comments:

Post a Comment