Monday, June 1, 2015

Taking Pride


I've always love the expression "taking pride" because it indicates that pride isn't something that is bestowed on you...you need to actively do something to achieve it.

Examples of Merit
I have always taken an enormous about of pride in what I do...in fact in the first couple decades of my career, I would go so far as to say I mistakenly identified myself as what I did way more than was healthy.

Recently, I've seen some amazing examples of folks doing unextraordinary jobs in an extraordinary way. Here is the latest one.

Last night I flew to Seattle for a new short-term project. The flight attendant in the coach cabin was exceptional. He assisted almost every flier with their luggage if they needed it, he made sure that if someone had two bags, that only one went in the overhead, he helped people make sure that luggage was stowed in a way that allowed for the most possible use of the overhead space. Even though the flight was completely full, not ONE person had to gate-check their luggage (which I have never seen before...ever).

Then throughout the 5-6 hour flight, he was constantly up and helping folks, or making sure they got what they needed. I hope to have him on future flights and the flight carrier will hear about this.

Current Knitting
I've made quite a bit of progress on the Newland Sock by Marlowe.


As you can see, I've finished both cuffs, and turned the first heel.

I've modified the pattern somewhat by first increasing the number of repeats so that the cuff is longer than called for, and I'm also only continuing the pattern stitch into the "V" section of the shaped foot. I'll show photos of what I mean when I've got the sock finished.

I also made a quick-knit "Urbanite Neckwarmer" designed by Crafty Andy.


This is my version of a trendy photograph...I don't typically look good in funky fashions, so I decided to go with over exaggerated.

Readers' Comments/Questions

No comments:

Post a Comment